Swing into Summer! (Advice for Brides) | By | May 24, 2013
With the craziness and over-planning of weddings, brides want to make sure to keep calm, cool and collected. With wedding season already in full swing here in Colorado Springs, we want to remind brides of some very important tasks to think about the 2 weeks prior to your big day:
*Have you had your final fitting and are 100% satisfied with your gown?
* Arrange pressing or steaming drop off and pickup appointments of your bridal gown and possibly bridal party. (We do that complimentary with every item purchased at SNB) Your consultant will explain all of the pickup details.
*Tuxedos usually arrive a few days before your big day. Make sure to have each person come in to try on their tux, just to make sure they don’t need to change the fit of anything. (As women, they have tuxedo “fittings” as well)
* Think about where you will be getting ready. Who will be dropping off attire, flowers, everything you need to get ready.
*Make sure you include your bridal garment bag. You will need something to put your dress in the next morning.
* You will need your gown cleaned. Here at SNB, we offer full cleaning services as well as preservation of your gown. Don’t wait too long to get that thing cleaned! (You probably will need it, this means you had a great time)
Some of the best advice we always give our brides are these three important things:
1. Delegate, Delegate, Delegate! – You can never have enough help and you can’t do it all yourself.
2. Make a big day-off checklist. Give yourself plenty of time and just take one check at a time.
3. FINALLY & MOST IMPORTANTLY: With the over-planning and stress of a wedding, there is something that is bound to go wrong (believe it or not). What matters at the end of the day, is that you and your husband or wife will be married. You won’t care much about what went wrong after your big day.
Plan well and let every moment sink in!
From all of us at Something New Boutique, congratulations to all of our amazing brides and grooms that are getting married this summer. It is truly our pleasure to work with you in preparation for your wedding day.